Thursday, August 29, 2013

Goodbye August

I thought 2005 was going to be the last year James and I would experience a "first day of school" together.  That thought was incorrect because on August 26th, Hudson watched as James left to attend his first day of the Fire Academy and I went to UC for my first day as a full time student.  I have been seeing so many people post sweet pictures of their kids this week, as they are about to head off to their first day.  I couldn't help but imagine Hudson holding the camera and taking a picture of his parents on their first day of school.  Obviously not realistic but it brought a smile to my face.

As summer will soon end and we say goodbye to August, I smile thinking of all the good times and fellowship we have enjoyed with friends and family.  I can't wait to see the joys (babies and weddings in particular) that will come with fall and winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment