Thursday, August 1, 2013

Baby Mullet

 Lately Hudson has been loosing a lot of his blondish-red newborn hair.  There will be no more mohawks in Hudson's immediate future.  Instead his head is filling with bright blond hair, with the exception of his mullet.  :-)  Since this is probably the only time in his life when a mullet will be socially acceptable, we are letting him enjoy it for the time being.

Hudson is more fascinated with his hands and feet as the days roll on.  His mouth has not met his feet yet but I have a feeling this will happen shortly.  We are still amazed how peaceful Hudson is most of the time.  Since the weather has been so nice lately, James and I have been playing tennis almost every day.  I thought that having a child meant the end of my "tennis time" but I have already played more this year than last.  Hudson doesn't mind coming along for the ride.  He gets fussy every once in a while but a lap around the tennis court tends to calm him down and sometimes even put him to sleep.  Yesterday one of our neighbors was juggling down by the tennis court.  He kept Hudson's attention for most of our tennis match.

Lately Hudson has been enjoying play dates with other babies.


We have gone to the park several times.



































And Hudson found out he is going to have a little cousin named Hayden Amos!


































Since Hudson joined the family, James and I have not had a date night without James' mini me.  :-)  We just haven't wanted to leave Hudson's side.  Instead we have been watching a lot of television.  James and I just finished watching the M.A.S.H. series, which we began in December of 2012.  I can't believe it's over.  All we have left are the special features.  :-(  I think M.A.S.H. may have been my favorite series I've ever seen.

I'm hoping that, since Hudson is a little older, James and I will be able to work time in for a date night before the end of summer!  And I don't really care where we go but I want to get dressed up and do my hair and makeup.  I have only styled my hair three times since Hudson came home.  It's been a pony tail every day for this girl.  Every day I go into my closet and choose an outfit that is "breastfeeding friendly".  So many outfits have been neglected over the past few months.  :-)  It's time to bring one back to life.  I think I will make date night happen!

1 comment:

  1. Aw he's so cute. I love that he looks like you guys already. Can't wait til we finally meet him!

    ReplyDelete