Monday, January 23, 2012

3 years, 1 month, 3 days

3 years, 1 month and 3 days ago (December 19, 2008) I added "Donate Hair" to my bucket list.  When I researched a little bit about the guidelines regarding donating, I had to work on a few specific problems.  

First of all, donations are not accepted if they have been bleached.  In January of 2008 my hair was extremely dark brown.  In spring of 2008 I bleached my hair back to blonde in preparation for our wedding day.  I realized at this point that this was going to take a while.

Second of all, when you tie all of your hair in a ponytail to cut it off, you have to be able to take at least 10 inches of hair.  Well, at this time my hair was about to my chin which didn't matter anyway because first I had to go through the process of growing out my natural hair color.   

3 years, 1 month and 3 days later....










IT'S TIME TO CHOP IT OFF!

Halfway through Rhonda sawing off my hair, I remembered I had forgotten to take a "before" photo.  Leave it to my wonderful memory...so reliable.

So Rhonda stopped mid chop to get a "before" photo.



And... After...



There were many times when it was so tempting to cut and color my hair over the past three years.  Two of those years I was working at a salon, so every day I would watch women leave the salon with fresh cuts and color.  Torture.  

In the end the polytail ended up being 12 inches long!

Next stop....highlights!

1-29-2012






2 comments:

  1. Aw, you are so cute! I need to grow out to my natural color too. It was a mistake to dye it! Oh well! I didn't know that they don't take colored hair...makes sense though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will take hair that has been colored. They just can't use hair that has been bleached. So as long as you have only taken it darker, you should be fine.

    ReplyDelete